What to do at Home During the Movement Control Order



Day 4 of the Movement Control Order in Malaysia.

What are you guys up to?

I feel that all we do at home is wait for 3 meals. Not that I am complaining. I am not.  So I have made it a point to do more exercises!!! We can't go out for a jog but that's ok because I have started skipping thanks to my friend who is inspiring me to get active again through her instastories. She rocks! (She lost 10kg in 3 months just by exercising and eating right!)

So my soon-to-be 15yo complained every now and then that she's bored. I keep telling her that boredom is good and encouraged her to find ways to entertain yourself.

Play the guitar.
Spring clean your room.
Study.
Read a book.
Play a board game with the siblings.
Bake a cake / cookies.
Cook a meal.
Do the laundry.
Iron the clothes.
Watch a movie (at home) with the siblings.

And to give her a bit of perspective, I told her that while we are at home, there are so many people out there who are sacrificing their time to help the sick and fighting for their lives to survive this crazy pandemic.

THIS..makes me happy. Her cookies were delicious and are usually finished within 1-2 days with lots of self control.

It's not her fault. She just needed a bit of perspective and guidance.

And as for my pre-teen son, he is happy. The longer the MCO the better. Why?

This...

Boys and their games....
To be fair...he does wake up and does his studies first thing in the morning so that's a good thing.

As for the littlest one in the family.....


Phonics class for the 5yo!!! Yay! Thank you Teacher Tanny. She is the best!
And a great website for e-learning which was shared with me is Scholastic Learn At Home site. It's free and such a great resource at a time like this.

As for me, I have been busy getting online via Zoom to meet with my team #bestteamever and we've been busy organizing and hosting online classes (essential oils related) for our community. You can check out more of what I do on my Facebook page.

As for the hubby, he was the first to wake up this morning to paint the house! Bravo DH!

Let us all take this downtime to reflect, reconnect with one another and do the things we put aside because of our busy schedules before this.

There is a silver lining to all this crazy thing that's happening around the world.

Let's all do our part and stay home. This is temporary. And we CAN fight this if we all do this together.

Have a great time at home you guys! 

What are you all up to? Please share some ideas with me.


Comments

  1. I've been cooking A LOT more and experimenting new recipes. I hate cooking but in time like this, I have no choice! ARGHHH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts