Reassess, Reconnect and Rejuvenate

Photo taken in March 2019 at Yokohama, Japan
Day 5 of the Movement Control Order.

How is everyone doing? Truth be told, waking up late without anything to do for the day, no school runs and nothing pressing to do is kinda relaxing.

Whilst my thoughts and prayers are with the frontliners and those who are suffering from the deadly virus, I am also thankful to be able to stop, reconnect, rejuvenate and do the things that I normally don't get a chance to do on a busy day.

I cook more.
I exercise more.
My kids are more involved in the running of our household.
I started blogging again! Which is great because I actually find this therapeutic!
Our house (well part of our house) got a new coat of paint!
I get to spring clean different parts of my house.
I spend more time reading and playing with our 5yo.
I reevaluate myself as a team player and as a leader.
I spend more time in personal development.
I am  reaching out more to friends and family just to check in if they are ok.
I am reading more.
And most importantly, we are all together, as a family.

In times of struggles, there is always a silver lining.
The world seems to have hit the pause button.
The air is cleaner.
The traffic is smoother.
People are spending more time at home.
I just hope that when all this (COVID-19) is under control, the economy will pick itself up again.

Sometimes it takes something drastic for us to realize what we don't pay attention to.

I hope you find your silver lining in this difficult time that we are all going through together.

Comments

Popular Posts